It's Coming…It's Coming…It's Here!
The dictionary says that anticipation is an expectation or hope. I think that expresses my feelings the last few weeks concerning the Where Was God When…? project. I have anticipated it arriving and being used of God to help students and adults deal with the difficult questions of life.
Well, they are finally here. The book and DVD set of Where Was God When…?have officially been released. If you pre-ordered the book or the DVD set you should receive it in the mail very soon. If you haven’t ordered your copy yet, you can do so at: http://www.wolstore.org/p-1200-where-was-god-when-book.aspx
Over the last couple of weeks, a number of different bloggers participated in the Where Was God When…? Blog Tour. If I combined all of their blogs, it would almost be enough content for a sequel. Each person involved, like you, is on the front-lines of youth ministry. I am well aware that you face these types of “Where Was God When…?” questions on a regular basis. None of us have all the answers, but we do know where the answers are found.
If you missed any of the blogs from the Blog Tour, you can review them below. I am grateful to everyone who took the time to contribute to this project. The bloggers have greatly enhanced the ministry of this endeavor.
- Dennis Beckner – veteran volunteer in the youth ministry at Saddleback Church: Where is God When a Daughter Goes Missing?
- Nathan Shoultz – youth consultant and speaker: Where Was God When I Lost my Fiancé?
- Jordan Muck – youth pastor, blogger and speaker: Losing Control Tests Our Faith
- John Powley – youth consultant and speaker: answered a Where Was God When…? question via video
- Ken Miller – speaker, counselor and blogger: Broken Expectations Cause Doubt
- Mel Walker – writer, speaker and President of Vision for Youth: God’s is Faithful Even When Others Are Not
- Dan DeWitt – Vice President of Communications; Assistant Professor of College Ministry: Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People
Answering hard questions is synonymous with ministry to youth. All of us are going to be confronted with the “realities” of life and we need to be ready to guide students to foundational truth. Our goal with Where Was God When…? is to put additional materials into your hands that you can use to give answers and hope. I would love to hear from you as to how the book or DVD set is helping you in your ministry.