Creation vs. Evolution: A Public School Teacher Speaks Out
For years the public schools have been a battleground for the topic of creation vs evolution. In some schools those who speak up for Creationism are mocked. We are led to believe that every teacher holds to the theory of evolution but for those who know teachers like Jeff Cutting, it just isn’t true.
Jeff is a very articulate Math teacher who is well versed on the subject of Creationism. He has a passion for communicating the truth and does an incredible job of systematically covering this topic. For this reason we asked Jeff to teach the “I Can Trust Creationism” session at our Word of Life Snow Camp.
I have captured a few of his thoughts here but you can view his video or watch a live stream based on the schedule listed below. Here are just a few of the things Jeff addresses in his session.
Science from Scripture: There are scientific principles taught in God’s Word thousands of years before science discovered them, i.e.:
- The Earth is round. (Isaiah 40:22)
- The Earth rotates on its axis. (Luke 17:34-37)
- Blood is important for life. (Lev 17:11)
- The number of stars is infinite. (Jer 33:22)
In the 17th Century scientists believed they knew the exact number of stars (1055). Now they know there are enough for each person to have at least a trillion for themselves. God’s Word taught this thousands of years prior.
- Seas have springs. (Job 36:18)
- Earth floats free in space. (Job 26:7)
- The complete Water Cycle is described in Ecclesiastes and Amos.
Science on Science: What do all these statements have in common?
- The Earth is flat.
- The Earth is the center of the universe.
- The Sun circles the Earth.
- Bread Crumbs spontaneously turn into mice.
- Meat spontaneously turns into maggots/flies.
There was at one time “Indisputable Scientific Evidence” to support these statements. Science is always changing and adjusting its theories, yet “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever” (Heb. 13:8). Just because science says this is a fact, it does not mean they are not going to change it in the future, unlike the scripture.
You can watch Jeff live stream this on February 23rd or download the video.
- I Can Trust the Bible – Mike Calhoun (see website)
- I Can Trust Absolute Truth – Mike Calhoun (see website)
- I Can Trust Jesus Christ – Ric Garland (see website)
- I Can Trust Creation – Jeff Cutting (Live Date: February 23)
You can watch the sessions live each Saturday night at 6:45pm EST by going to the Word of Life Snow Camp website and clicking on the “Live” button. You can also find the recorded sessions, notes and PowerPoints at 2013 Snow Camp Media or on my website (under Resources/Downloads) in the “I Can Trust Series” folder.